6.05.2017

Date Night

On Saturday night, we started off the ultimate date night at a spot called Musso and Frank Grill. It's the oldest restaurant in Hollywood and Husband learned of it via podcasts so I decided to just take us there.
It's 98 years old and the menu hasn't changed much. Their cocktail list is just names of cocktails, no description and I found that very quaint. Lots of liver and kidneys for entrees. I had a champagne cocktail and Husband had a rye. He had the filet and I had the Prime Rib and neither is likely to be topped.
Every bite was delicious, the drinks were perfect and the service was impeccable. I highly recommend this indulgence at least once in your life. It was like stepping back in time. The waiters even wore those schooly old red jackets. They print their menus daily so our waiter signed ours and sent us on our way with it.
We walked ten minutes (in heels, both ways) to the theater so Husband could play tourist since he's never really been on Hollywood Blvd. Jim Henson's star was one of the first outside the restaurant.
Ultimate tourist photo at Hollywood & Vine.
We saw The Book of Mormon at the beautifully restored Pantages theater. 
 Lobby ceiling
Outside the entrance to our seats
Row Z, Center Orchestra so our backs were literally against the wall. The show was incredible and 100% worthy of the critical acclaim. The music was great. How insane that the creators of South Park did this!? It's positively vulgar and all the way wrong but I laughed, got goosebumps, teared up... it was a fantastic theater experience.
And I could not get over how smokin' hot we both looked so I insisted some random other theater goer take our picture. Great night with a great spouse. I wish we could do this all the time.

No comments: