4.12.2017

Weigh In Wednesday

Weight: 207.2
Down .4 since last week, 15.8 overall. This is "still down" but I am getting slightly discouraged. At this rate I will not meet my goal of being under 200 in 4 weeks. I don't want to ditch the goal, but may have to be satisfied if I can just get to 20 lbs total lost by my 40th.

Lifetime Steps: 2,176,627
88,694 since last week which averages 12,671 per day. I've hit or exceeded 10K every day since Sunday March 26. I've really enjoyed listening to podcasts while walking. S-Town, Season 1 of Serial and another good one called In the Dark are all now under my belt. Looking to start a new one.

Frame of Mind
Well, I'm definitely down and I assume it's PMS. I got a very upset stomach last night after dinner and fell asleep on the couch and today I just feel like a  sore, grumpy mess. Yesterday I fought with someone on FB over stupid Sean Spicer and am re-evaluating my relationship with social media. I told Andrea I'll likely deactivate FB after I'm done receiving all my 40th birthday wishes because I want attention and I'm shallow. I've done very little actual reading of books and that is bumming me out. Just a big ol' meh.
In an effort to push through this plateau, I am trying not to drink Monday through Thursday; this is week 2. Last week I only slipped once thanks to a Yolanda's margarita on Wednesday after soccer that I simply couldn't pass up. This week is looking better. I'm not snacking after dinner and that has led to trying something called intermittent fasting. Depending on what I read, it's either great or terrible. Basically, you fast for 16 hours and have 8 hours where you can eat. Monday I only made it 13 but yesterday I did hit 16. I basically don't eat after dinner (7 p.m.) until 11 a.m. the next day. You're not supposed to have anything other than water during the fast but I'm doing it my way and am allowing coffee with milk in it. I am no longer putting sugar in my work week coffee, another big step.
Hopefully these subtle changes mixed with maintaining my walking routine and healthier eating strategy will give me a little better weigh in after my period is done. Allegedly, Aunt Flo should be knocking on the door of my womb any day now. Being a woman is rough with all these hormones and basically worrying about bloating 50% of the time. 1 week of PMS, 1 week of menses and 2 weeks where things are okay. Silliness. Oh, I guess I should add I tried 30 minutes of yoga on Monday night thanks to Amazon Prime and that felt great. I need to do that again. I have slacked a bit on the resistance band because not gonna lie, I don't like it.
Walk Selfie from Monday

1 comment:

Coodence said...

probably yoga is why you're sore, too. that shit is hard!