3.29.2017

Weigh In Wednesday

Weight: 208.4
So last week's weigh in was a bit sketchy due to using my mom's scale and my normal weekday diet was thrown off because we were at her house and I didn't prep salads for two of my four days plus we ate out a lot. On Thursday I weighed 209.8. That means I'm down 1.4 for the week and 14.6 overall. Husband was very supportive this morning and had me hold a 15 lb dumbbell to mark this occasion. That's a heavy dumbbell and all that weight used to be on my body. Talk about motivation. I have 6 weeks to lose 9 lbs in order to meet my first goal of being under 200 by 40. Next goal is to weigh 190 so I'm not lying on my driver's license.

Lifetime steps: 1,991,817
That's 86,179 since last week which averages out to be 12,311 steps a day. I didn't hit my goal on Saturday because I needed to rest my achy legs but I made up for it by exceeding 12,000 steps a day the other days. Wednesday was a high day of 15,896 steps because I was getting the house back in order after the fumigation and hitting the grocery store. Monday through Friday I have a pretty steep incline worked into the middle of my walk that has really made a difference. Next week, I'll aim to go over the incline both ways and change my route a bit. Rather than make a loop, I'll just back track.

Frame of Mind
I realized last week just how low I'd sunk after losing my dad. You'd think I'd have figured it out by now, nearly three and a half years later, but it really dawned on me that I was not okay and I finally am feeling okay now. I was so apathetic about exercise and food and drinking and life in general. To feel so motivated now and conscious of what I'm eating and how much I'm moving and cutting back on my drinking is blowing my doors off. As much as I feel stupid admitting this, it must be true that a healthier diet, less alcohol and exercise really has affected my depression in a positive way. It also helps that my kids are bigger and I can finally pay a little more attention to myself. No doubt.

Here's what a typical day looks like for me.
Breakfast: 2-3 cups of coffee with 1% milk and a little sugar. Hard boiled egg. Banana. Recently, one of those spinach muffins.
Lunch: 4 days a week I have a salad with chicken, bell pepper, avocado, cucumber, green beans, shredded carrots, apple chunks and a sesame ginger dressing and water to drink.
Snacks: 1 cup of Quaker Oatmeal Squares (hello protein and fiber!), grapes, apple, stick of cheese
Dinner: whatever the heck I want because ain't nobody got time to care. I just try not to pig out. Monday through Thursday I've switched to a glass (or 2) of wine instead of beer. In April I'm going to try and eliminate drinking wine or beer entirely Monday through Thursday but "we'll see" how that goes. I can really see the difference in my gut. I am steadfastly trying to not eat snacks after dinner during the week.
During the weekend, I wouldn't necessarily say all bets are off but I just don't care as much as I do during the work week. I try not to snack between meals and I aim to eat smaller portions at meal time. I definitely hit the beer like a boss though. I am absolutely trying to walk for at least 45 minutes to an hour every single day.  I walk unless my body hurts, then I listen to my body and rest.

Three pounds in three weeks! 

1 comment:

Christine said...

you are doing such an amazing job, dude! I'm so proud of you! xoxo