1.11.2017

Weigh-In Wednesday

Weight: 215.2
Down 1.8 lbs since last week. Thanks to the flu/cold I had, I've successfully been able to cut way back on beer consumption. I went several days without even 1 beer and managed to keep it to 2 on Saturday and 1 on Sunday. Unheard of. My taste buds are fried so I just don't even have a taste for it. It's crazy. Makes me sound like an alcoholic but really I just love the taste of beer so this is just a weird time for me. Late night snacking has not been happening due to early bed times and fried taste buds. Between meal snacking has dropped to practically nonexistent. Reaching my goal of 190 (25 more pounds) seems unrealistic in the four months I have left until my 40th; however, if I can just get down to below 200 I will feel successful.

Lifetime steps: 1,165,413
That's 64,187 since last week for an average of 9,169 steps a day. I hit or exceeded my goal of 10K on Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Considering I was knocked on my butt, literally and figuratively, with a nasty flu/cold for several days last week, I'm happy to see this. The rain has yet to inhibit my walking so that also makes me happy. I really want to hit that 10K a day and competing against my fitbit friends (I'm talking to you, BFF!) is a great way to stay motivated. I even got some new sweats and a windbreaker so I have no reason to not walk in this chillier weather.

Frame of Mind: 
I'm tired from this dumb sickness but I'm not quitting or slowing down. I did my meal prep for the week so I was better prepared for breakfast and lunches at work. I'm trying to be very conscious of what I'm making for dinner and how much I am serving myself. I went to the doctor yesterday to make sure that I'm entering 2017 on the right foot and she was quite pleased with my weight loss. I have a blood panel pending to make sure my cholesterol is where it needs to be. I've been reading an actual grown up book that's just for me and would like to keep that going. The weather has been not great but it has not kept me from walking and I'm hoping I can continue with that momentum. Walking makes me feel good and I think it helps to step away from this desk at lunch and away from all this horrible news and just zone out to some tunes and steps. Seeing results is so satisfying. It's been four months but that scale is going down and that makes me feel great!

Yesterday's Stats:
Blood pressure: 99/70
Heart rate: 77 beats per minute
Height: 67"
BMI: 33.9
Weight, clothed, at 1:30 pm: 219
(I feel it worth noting I weigh myself first thing in the morning, before eating, nude, for my Wednesday tracking)

No comments: