11.16.2016

Weigh In Wednesday

Weight: 221.2
I guess that's down from last week about .6 so not too shabby. Down is down. On September 1st when I got my fit-bit I logged my weight as 222.9 so a total loss of 1.7 pounds. When I was talking to Andrea about my pants feeling looser she recommended I take my measurements so I did this morning... with one of those metal tape measures on my own so accuracy is questionable but here goes:
Bust - 44
Chest - 36
Waist - 39
Hips - 45
Thigh - 27
Arm - 14

Lifetime steps: 671,899
Since last week, that's 71,231 steps which averages out to be 10,175 a day. Thursday, Saturday and Sunday were the only days I hit my 10K but I also far exceeded them on those days to make up for the days I didn't get my wrist vibrate. I was happy to hike with the family on Saturday and then on Sunday I forced them to walk with me to the grocery store. Friday night I also dragged all of us to the pier for a walk to see the sunset and that was dope. Trying to cut back technology by being outdoors and moving is actually super great.

Frame of mind:
The Facebook app has been off of my phone for a week now. I occasionally log on to the browser but having the app gone has made a considerable difference in how often I log on. I still check on the actual computer but I'm dialing back my clicking of the like button, hiding a few folks and generally trying to not engage. It's made me feel considerably better. I haven't gotten very good at blocking out the news and I've yet to start a book. Husband has been commenting on my baggy jeans and I can actually stick my entire forearm down the side when they're buttoned so I guess they are looser and that makes me happy. I am feeling good about my eating habits and last Saturday marked the 6-month mark where I vowed to cut back my drinking. I drank much less this weekend than I usually do. Monday we celebrated birthdays and my brother's move so we had beers with the owner of the restaurant and I wasn't paying attention but I noticed I did drink less than I normally would have. Last night I had a small glass of wine with dinner and that was it. So baby steps, you know? Still need to work on water!

Also, since the family has been eating these like crazy for breakfast I thought I would share. I basically took my banana bread recipe and made them into muffins. Casey loves them and I feel much better about him eating this than frickin' Pop Tarts so...

Preheat to 325
In a bowl, mix:
2 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon

In the mixer, cream:
2/3 c butter
1 c brown sugar
When creamed, add 2 eggs.

Add the bowl mixture and when that's all nice and creamy add 3 already mashed ripe bananas. I added a few finely chopped apples slices this time around and it made a noticeable moisture difference. Bake for 45 minutes. I can usually get about 18 small muffins from that.

No comments: