4.19.2016

Tuesday Musings

On Saturday morning, my mom and I went shopping and I was able to get essentially a brand new wardrobe. I'd gone up about two sizes since the last time I went shopping and didn't realize how demoralizing it was to look into a stuffed closet full of clothing that simply wasn't wearable. After spending hours and many dollars, I came home and basically pulled out anything that wasn't flattering or fitting and replaced them with my new duds. I can't tell you how gratifying it was on Sunday morning to open that closet and know everything fits. What a boost to the ego. I felt better in the clothing and my mood definitely improved. Also, while shopping, I resigned myself to the fact that I am now in "women's" sizes and that made the whole thing so much more tolerable and enjoyable. Trying to convince yourself that your size matters is exhausting.

Last week I had my interview and it went quite well. For an hour, I detailed the ins and outs of my current position to the President and Vice President. I was told they would get back to me early next week and yesterday morning the President called to offer me the position pending his calls to my references. Because I was referred to him by a trusted colleague at their sister plant and came armed with a glowing letter of recommendation, I am 100% confident that my references will not be an issue. He essentially told me this offer was "in the bank." My current salary will be met so that's absolutely perfect. They are also aware of the flexibility I will need due to the fact that I am the mother of two little ones and are absolutely fine with it. He talked a lot about potential not only for growth, but quick advancement. When we hung up, I may have screamed a lot and danced around. I may have been actually glowing because I felt so happy and proud and great.

This whole month has reeked of cliches like "out with the old and in with the new" or "you get back what you put out." Honestly, I'm living the "close one door and another one opens" life right now. Sometimes I feel so anxious about everything going so well. It's almost as though I am afraid something terrible will happen to balance it all out again. Yesterday I got in the car to meet my mom for lunch and when the radio came on "Isn't She Lovely" was playing. That was the song dad and I danced to at my wedding and whenever it comes on, I feel like he's reminding me he's there. My guardian angel. It's all working out and I would like to think he has a lot to do with it. I hope this winning streak continues and that it is infectious.

2 comments:

Lisa..... said...

Congratulations on a new job opportunity! I hope you stay on a winning streak too. ��

Amy Farmer said...

COngrats to you and new beginnings!!