4.06.2016

New Year Better Me? Indeed

LAST WEEK
As I said in Friday's haiku, I have really fallen off the no beer during the week train, it's continuing into this week and shows no sign of stopping. Considering all the crap I have been going through at work, I'm not that worried about it. On Friday the 25th I was sort of confronted at my job about my attitude and a red flag went up and I've been on edge ever since. I decided to stop taking Prozac because I need to solve the root of my problem and not just mask the symptoms. I was on my period and my heart just wasn't in taking care of myself in the right way. On top of that, I had a cough and was just not feeling 100%. I didn't walk very much until Saturday when the family went to the zoo. On Sunday I found a beautiful pair of new running shoes and felt motivated to get back on that horse.

THIS WEEK
These are the shoes. On Monday I walked in them for the first time and they were glorious. I did 2.57 miles in 39 minutes. Husband has always been a fan of Brooks and I'm totally going to cosign that. Nike's got nothing on these bad boys.
Pretty right? Took this on the floor of my bathroom at work as I was cooling off. I start off so pretty in the morning with my hair styled and make up on and then from 1 PM on it's ponytail status and sweat face. Sexy.
That spot right there? Lower back sweat. Yeah, man. Felt good. At the end of the day I'd clocked 6554 steps and I felt so confident. Husband had the late shift at work on Tuesday so I asked if he'd join me at lunch to walk. Before he got here, I got the news that I was being asked to leave my job where I have worked for a decade. I was offered a very nice severance package that was impossible to refuse and it was like my life hit the reset button. Husband and I chatted all about it on our 45 minute, 2.46 mile walk. This morning the scale said 222 and now I know what I'm working with.

GOING FORWARD
These new shoes are making walking so nice. I looked back and realized I'd gotten my last pair in March of 2012 so clearly I was overdue. On Monday night I realized I'd washed and dried my earbuds so hopefully they work when I try to use them today on my walk. I've decided that I'm going to take May off and really start the job search in June. I'd like to focus on getting centered and focused. I know my frame of mind has been in a bad place for a while now. At the end of April, I will be leaving the company my dad built. I will no longer walk past his office and see he is not here. My family-level devotion to work will no longer exist. I think the stress levels will plummet. If this isn't a sign to take care of me, I don't know what is. I'm not a religious person but I told Maria this morning "God has the plan, not me." That's not to say it's all in the hands of the Universe; I have a lot of work to do. It's just going to be much different this time around.

No comments: