4.13.2016

Hump Day Musings

So my no beer drinking, walking during the week challenge is sort of on hold this week. I had to take my car in a couple times for squeaky brakes and new tires and a 25K mile service. It's just too much to squeeze in any extra right now. I'm just trying to do whatever is easiest and what's happiest. All this upheaval and uncertainty makes it hard to relax, hard to sleep... It's a seismic shift and I'm doing my best just trying to get by. I haven't stepped on a scale in a while. I did walk four times last week, though. Not too shabby. Bah.

So on that note, when I decided to accept the offer to leave my job I really chose to sort of let go and see what the universe had in store for me. I have enough coming to comfortably take some time off. I really wanted to get back what I put out, so to speak. Last night, I got a call from a company I didn't even apply to because a lady I interviewed with about three weeks ago spoke very highly of me. Then that company representative said he talked to one of my customer friends who was close with my dad and felt even more encouraged. I have an interview tomorrow!

When I talked to my mom about needing interview clothes, she said she'd take me out for a $500 shopping spree. For no reason. Why? I don't know. I guess because I'm not awful?

One of my vendors who loves me and loves working with me just gave me four field level tickets with access to the Stadium Club and parking at a Dodgers game. Just because!

I brought my car in for squeaky brakes only to find out my tires were bald but because I went to a spot for tires where I have been a loyal patron I got four new tires for $375! The guy gave me a discount just because he remembered my face!

I gotta say... being able to let go of the bad, to close the door on something not so great, has really opened up opportunities for the good to come knocking and pour right in. I sure hope this streak continues.

MORAL OF THE STORY:



No comments: