3.22.2016

When Life Hands You Lemons

I have a lemon tree and I have been using the heck out of our lemons on the following recipes so I thought I would share in case you too have a lemon tree.

LEMON BARS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For the crust, combine:
1 cup butter
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
Toss that around in your mixer until you have a nice crumble then pat it into a greased 13x9 pan. I prefer glass pans for this particular dessert.
Bake for 25 minutes.

For the top, combine:
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
6 tbsp lemon juice
4 tbsp flour
I whip this real nice in the blender and pour it on top of the crust once it's done baking. Put it all back in the oven for another 25 minutes and BOOM! Delicious dessert. Sprinkle powdered sugar on the top for panache.

LEMONADE
Boil 1-3/4 cups of sugar with a cup of water to make a simple syrup.
Combine with 7 more cups of water and 1-1/2 cups of lemon juice.
I usually use a strainer to get the pulp out.
Husband loves this lemonade with a splash of cranberry concentrate.

Spring is HERE!

No comments: