3.16.2016

Checking In

Last Week
221 on the scale. I walked Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I think Monday was a rainy day and Friday I had to go grocery shopping. I was very good about eating my good food at work and drinking all my water. I had a beer on Thursday night because I wanted one with my pizza. I'm only human. The good thing was, I had no desire for a second. Friday we had birthday cake at the office but I only had a small slice. Saturday I drank less beer than I normally would have because Husband was working. On Sunday, I tried to play catch-up and we kind of drank all day and honestly it felt like a chore? It just wasn't that fun or delicious and I don't know how to feel about that because beer is kind of my boyfriend and I don't want to break up.

This Week
221 on the scale so at least I didn't gain like I kind of thought I would. I ate my feelings yesterday and indulged in quite a few Rice Krispie treats at work. My coworker's girlfriend makes them with regular and cocoa Krispies, peanut butter Captain Crunch and peanut butter M&Ms. I mean, what the actual hell? On a good note, I walked Monday and my phone gave me a wee reward for having my fastest pace. Yesterday I had to use my lunch hour to meet a repairman at home so there was no time for walking. I will walk today though! And hopefully the rest of the week! I was proud of myself last night because we went out to dinner and I ordered the quite healthy choice of salmon and rice instead of some fried fish option with chips. Last Friday I bought all my healthy food and put it in the fridge so this week I would have no excuse to eat out so I've been pretty good with my work meals. I kind of like that plan because sometimes on the weekend I don't really get to the store and then I end up at McDonald's. Oh, McDonald's. I used to go at least once or twice a week and I haven't been in a month. That's neat right ?

Going Forward
Keep on keeping on! I have my walking gear here. I've got the meal plan down. Doing better about the beer and after work food choices. I can honestly say my consumption of sweets is at an all time low. I don't understand why the fat isn't just melting off but I'm not going to get discouraged. I am in a good frame of mind where I will not let a few Rice Krispie treats throw me into a shame spiral of indulgence. I'm not letting the scale bring me down. I like the way walking feels. I just need to be consistent and committed. Rome wasn't built in a day. Took me two years to put on 30 pounds, I imagine it's not going to fall off in a month.

No comments: