3.01.2016

Best Chorizo Dip Ever

One morning at work, Bossman demanded I come into his office urgently. He told me a tale of the best dip he had ever eaten. He had even printed out copies of the recipe card for each of his employees and distributed them individually, telling his tale over and over throughout the day. Not only that, but he told me how had developed a strategy to cool this molten lava dip so that he was better able to scoop it into his face like a madman. I graciously took said "Recipe from: Mom" and kind of promptly forgot about it. On Friday as I was leaving the office, we were discussing our weekend plans and I told him we were going to have some friends over for a BBQ. He immediately asked "You're making that dip, right?!" And so I did. And I was not disappointed despite the hype. Husband dubbed it the masculine version of a 7-Layer Mexican dip. 

Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese - the brick worked really well for spreading.

1 lb of chorizo - I got a tube that I think was 12 oz and that was plenty. Be sure to drain the excess after cooking.
16 oz can of chili con carne without beans to mix with the cooked and drained chorizo.
Small can of chopped black olives
Small can of chopped green chiles
4 chopped green onions
1/2 lb of shredded Jack and cheddar cheese (I used a bag of Mexican blend)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In an 8x8 pan, spread a layer of cream cheese and the progressively layer each ingredient on top of that base. 
Bake for 30 minutes uncovered
Serve with Frito Scoops (or anything really because the dip is really the star here).
Continue to shovel in your face as fast as humanly possible while impressing your guests should you choose to share.

1 comment:

Amy Farmer said...

Sounds delish!!