1.05.2016

Movie Review

Usually when my in-laws come, we stay super close to home and then they leave and I end up feeling bad we didn't go on a date night and they did little more than hang out at our house with those naughty kids of ours. This time, I rectified that by scheduling a date night with them! After the early bird dinner at The Outback Steakhouse, we took my mom and my in-laws to see Daddy's Home. Husband and his dad would have rather seen that Leonardo DiCaprio bear movie or the new Quentin Tarantino but I just don't know about watching movies that are 2-3 hours long these days. Not only does the babysitter charge by the hour, but I act like I'm 100 years old. I'm surprised you didn't know that.
Over five years ago, Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg collaborated on another favorite of mine called The Other Guys. As the saying goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" so this is essentially the two of them playing the same characters only this time instead of cops, they're dads. I'm not complaining. I laughed very, very hard at this movie from start to finish. True, I have a biased affection for Will Ferrell, but I am going to use the unbridled laughter that surrounded me in a packed movie theater to say there was a consensus that it was downright hilarious. What's unfortunate for that crowded theater was that some folks brought their children thinking this movie was kid friendly but no. But no. Hopefully most of the crass went right over their tiny little heads.
My father-in-law emitted nary a chuckle and Husband slightly disappointed me with his lack of laughter despite my many glances at him each time I chortled. My mom, mother-in-law and I were sore from laughing. We laughed all the way to the parking lot. MIL even said my mom was consistently hitting her during the funny parts and basically that is how my family watches a movie - passionately and physically. However, the next day, Husband earned my trust and approval once again by quoting many, many lines of the film and oh how we laughed together. Oh, how we laughed. It certainly didn't hurt that Will Ferrell's name in the movie was Brad.

No comments: