11.11.2015

Movie Review

You guys aren't going to believe this but we actually made it to another movie! In the theater! Ever since before Halloween, I've been wanting to see Goosebumps but I didn't want to force another kid movie on Husband. I am pretty sure I have read an RL Stine book or two in the past but I couldn't tell you for sure. I remember reading that he gave his blessing to this movie based on his writings so that had to be a pretty good endorsement, right? By a best selling author? I thought so.
Casey got super interested in monsters during Halloween and I remember watching monster movies when I was his age so I thought we should take him. Turns out, Goosebumps was way more action than horror so I made the right decision. There were a lot of laughs and quite a few times he even jumped right out of his seat. I know he likes something when he keeps talking about it and he was still talking about his favorite monster days after we saw the movie.
I know I like something when it makes me feel all the emotions. I have to admit, I was surprised by how touching this movie was. At the end, I even teared up a little over the sweet high school romance that had been brewing the whole film. Husband and I both laughed quite a bit and really enjoyed the cast. The special effects were great and the whole feel of the movie reminded me of the stuff we used to watch in the 80s that might have been a little too grown up for us at times but mostly was just a lot of fun to watch with our family. As a mom, I love seeing my kids love movies that are fun but aren't necessarily cartoons. This definitely fell into that category and absolutely makes me want to get these books to read to Casey.

"Every story ever told can be broken down into three parts: the beginning, the middle and the twist."

No comments: