5.27.2015

Recipe? Kind of?

Just want to sneak this in here for the next time I need to find it. I'm making dinner, now, which is totally new. Husband had put out some ground beef as if I know what to do with such things so I made the 2-minute tortellini from Costco, put half a jar of garlic Alfredo sauce on a burner and then seasoned the meat with this little number that I found on Google after searching "Italian seasoning for ground beef." Oddly specific no? Anyway, I tossed that all together and it was really delicious. Easy and totally something I'd do again. Like your mom.

1/2 tablespoon of salt
3/4 tablespoon of paprika
1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper (I actually read this wrong and used 1/2 tablespoon and it was nice and spicy and I think actually quite good.)
1-1/2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
1/2 tablespoon of fennel (I did not have this. Nor do I know what this is. Thus it was not included.)

1 comment:

Andrea King said...

That sounds super good. I'm gonna steal it.

Fennel is a seed. It's that seed thing you find in Italian sausage. It's got a nice flavor but, as you found, isn't super necessary.

This recipe sounds like it's a lot of work, but it honestly isn't, and it's delish!! It's one of my favorites. I mash up some sweet potatoes, but you can also just bake it in the microwave, and serve this on top and the flavors blend soooo well. But it's also just really great without the sweet potato.

http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2009/02/22/my-favorite-chili-recipe/