4.15.2015

Better

Despite my Eeyore of a post yesterday, things got better. By late afternoon, despite my naughty children refusing to nap and a brief spat with the spouse, the kids and I were smiling. Legos were being played with. The Princess & The Frog was being watched. I guess my disgruntled attitude was not subtle, so Husband managed to get off early to come home and help with bath and bed times. As much as I hate admitting it, I need him around. I need a snuggle on the couch while catching up on the DVR. I need a hug and a kiss before bedtime. As a woman who didn't get married until her 30s, I have always taken a lot of pride in being able to "do it all" and in being independent so it pains me to put that pride aside and ask for help. Sometimes I forget that as much as it's my job to take care of my husband and kids, it's also a husband's job to take care of his wife and a father's job to take care of his children. Team Friday has two captains. Sometimes our spats lead to actual communication. Sometimes our frustrations turn into a cuddle puddle or a giggle fit. Sometimes mommy needs to literally take a chill pill and remember she's not perfect and to stop putting so much goddamn pressure on herself.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: Our family may not have it all together, but together we have it all. 

1 comment:

Hung said...

Keep your head up Randi! parenting is a big ole pain in the butt for everyone at between 40-80% of the time, no matter what it looks like on the outside to anyone else. My personal stance is that having kids is about 51% worth it on most days- just barely over the "worth it" hump.

If you ever wanna take a vacation to the Bay Area, the brood can stay with u.s. Extra bedroom = free lodging!