1.06.2015

Christa Tuesday - 46 Weeks

You guys! In six more weeks I will have a one-year old! When the heck did that happen? I know I say it every week but I am stinkin' perplexed. It felt like Casey was a baby for so long and this little girl is halfway to being a grown-up. Okay, not really, but still. Speaking of Casey, these two children are thick as thieves. You should see the way she lights up when she sees her big brother. And now he's taken to kind of picking her up under her arms and dragging her around the house or rolling on the floor with her so she must think he's some kind of roller-coaster ride.
Most nights she will wake up at around midnight or two in the morning and I can either tuck her back in to fall asleep in her crib or I just bring her to bed with me. Last night I brought her to bed and she tossed and turned for about an hour and a half before finally falling asleep on my face. She's a crazy child and I'm a tired mommy. This morning she was smiling at me and I told her not to because I was mad at her shenanigans and her brother said "How can you be mad at a baby when they are so nice?" This little girl will be set for life with her guardian angel of a brother.
I know Christa is on her way to walking because now she just stands in place for extended periods of time. She wants it, she just needs to build up her confidence. Maria is impressed with how strong she is and how she can pull herself up on top of things now. She's still eating like a horse. Now she'll see me eating something and if she wants it she kind of flaps her arms at me like a wee chicken and makes a little grunting sound. It's real cute. She's just such a good, nice baby. I can't help but smile when I see her and she's always just so darn glad to see me. It's really nice to be her mommy.
This is what the chicken grunt looks like.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Casey is wise and babies bewitch you into not hating them.