10.01.2014

Weigh In Wednesday

So I was doing so well walking on my lunch at work and then I got sick and then got my first post-baby period and then it was SO HOT so I never walked again. Then, I was doing so good about bringing my lunch and eventually my strength wavered and I succumbed to the temptation that is going out with Jangles to eat all the food in giant restaurant portion servings instead. I don't know what happened. Well, the never-ending candy dish happened. And it seemed like every day someone was bringing in cookies or doughnuts or it was someone's birthday in the office so we'd have cake and then BLAMMO! That unwanted two preceding two other numbers showed up on the scale again. That's baloney, you guys! I mean, I was down to 190 at the end of March! In six months I gained 10 pounds! WTF!
Mind you, I also went back to my job where sitting on your butt all day is the norm. I stopped nursing. I started drinking two beers at night instead of one. Sodas. Fast food. Then all the binge eating I mentioned just a moment ago. It all added up pretty darn quickly. I'm not proud of myself. BUT?! And that's a big "but" there, folks, I'm nipping it in the bud. I decided that I was going to do an October challenge and actually started it on Monday September 29 just to get a jump on things. This challenge is pretty simple and is mainly don't eat anything in the office you didn't bring with you and stop going out to lunch. Totally doable. That totally frees me up to not worry about dinner which is usually out of my hands anyway.
So today, for tracking purposes, I am at 201.8. My goal - although lofty - is to be down to 190 by November. I'd be happy with 195, I'll be honest. It's going to be rough this first week because I'm going to the Dodgers Playoff game on Friday (I know!) and then the weekend will be full of celebrations for Husband's 40th. But I think it's not the weekends I'm worried about, it's all the boredom eating I do at work. Some things I want to do:
  • Smaller dinner portions
  • One beer a night during the week instead of two
  • Walk at lunch
  • Stick to these things at work: fruits, veggies, proteins and oatmeal. Only. Dammit.
  • Drink 64 ounces of water a day
  • No candy until Halloween
And just so you know how good I was, there were boxes of Oreos on the break-room table the past several days and I did not have ANY. And I love Oreos. So much. But no. I'm not going back to the 200 club. I mean, I'm back, but I'm not staying. No.

1 comment:

Coodence said...

lofty might be understating losing 11 pounds in a month. but i like your charisma. i also like the idea of no candy until halloween! you know i love deprivation. i am in!