10.22.2014

Check-In

Silly me and my lofty goals. Here we are, 20 days after I challenged myself to shed some Ell-Bees and the scale isn't budging. I think I need to reconsider this whole weight loss idea and focus more on changing bad habits than worrying about a number on a scale if I am going to feel any amount of success. I have definitely made some positive strides as far as eating goes. I have not had candy at work (or at home for that matter) in three weeks. Dining out has significantly decreased. More water intake. Eating more fruits and veggies and protein. I actually walked twice this week. So there's that!
Some negatives? I did not start walking during my lunch hour until this Monday. That's three weeks in October that could have been better used. During my period week last week, I broke my rule of not eating anything I didn't bring into the office myself and ended up eating way too many cookies and maybe even a cheese danish. Ugh, so gross. I will give credit to my co-worker, however, because she has not been bringing in baked goods on a daily basis! Those cookies got here by way of a vendor who simply didn't know what she was doing to me. My beer a night thing? Not so much. I am trying to keep it at two though. Every now and then I hit three, I'm not going to lie. Damn it.
We got these new phones and Husband insisted I try the pedometer that is built into it. I did this on Monday and Tuesday but I question the accuracy of it because I am not the kind of lady that always has a phone on her person. Monday at lunch I did 4927 steps in 35 minutes. Tuesday 8087 in the same amount of time. But maybe that was by the end of the walks and I carried the phone more? I don't know. But I did find out there are about 2000 steps in a mile so there's that handy information. Do with it what you will. I'm going to not let this lapse in progress end up with me throwing it all away like I have in the past. I'm determined to lose five pounds just so these jeans aren't so damn snug.

2 comments:

Coodence said...

makes sense dude. i like the quote.

Lurker Girl said...

Put MyFitnesspal (free app) on your phone...you would not believe how accountable it makes you to your calorie intake. I am down 11 lbs in 5 weeks because of making sure I log everything and see how many calories I have left to eat for the day. I am only "allowed" 1200 calories to make my goal--IF I don't want to have to move my butt each day...It's slow and sensible weight loss, but I am always hungry..lol Good luck to you!