9.01.2014

Movie Review Monday

I am a super big fan of New Girl so when I saw that Nick Miller and Coach were going to be in a movie together, I told Husband I absolutely wanted to see it. My mom said, as she always does, that Let's Be Cops "didn't get very good reviews." I generally don't pay attention to such things but Husband said on the way there that it only had about a 20% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. At that point, I'll definitely say I was reconsidering. However, Husband and I did a little day drinking so I figured we'd be nice and loose for some dumb funny.
I'll tell you right now, there's dumb funny and there's just plain dumb and I'm afraid this movie falls into the latter category. The only laughs I really got were from the parts I had already seen in the trailers and TV promos. I think this movie could have gone in a totally different direction but it was so cheesy and maybe tried to take itself a little too seriously. The dialogue was borderline terrible. They could have had so much more fun with this premise and unfortunately it just fell flat. After a while I just started to pretend I was watching them on their TV show pretending to be other people but that didn't even really work. Toward the very end there was some pretty good action and genuine tension but it just wasn't enough to save this flop. Bummer.

No comments: