7.10.2014

Weight Update

On March 26, 2014 I uploaded this photograph to Facebook and wrote my last weight update. It was on this day that I had lost a total of 24-ish pounds and was at my wedding weight of 190 pounds for the first time since May of 2009. I was very, very happy. Although I didn't do much other than lose my baby weight, I finally didn't feel fat any more. I had just gotten some size 14 jeans and was realizing that in no uncertain terms I should not have been wearing the 16s I wore prior to getting pregnant as they were clearly cutting off my circulation.
Before I came back to work at the end of my maternity leave, I bought new clothes that were a bit smaller. I bagged up all my "fat" clothes to be donated to Goodwill. I swore to myself I was not going to gain back the weight I lost. I started off pretty well bringing my lunches to work when I came back and told my co-worker the reasons why I could not continue to eat out every day for lunch:
  • Two kids equals less money so there's the frugal aspect
  • My cholesterol sucks so there's the health aspect
  • I did not want to gain back my weight so there's the vanity aspect
I even brought my running shoes into work, swearing I would walk. Well in the two months since I've been back at work, my resilience is fading. I had only gone on two walks. I'd slowly slid back into going out to eat. And the goddamn candy dish is a constant temptation despite the healthy snacks I bring to work. On Monday of this week, after I'd gotten back from going out to lunch, my co-worker nodded toward the running shoes under my desk and said "Might as well bronze those." Nothing like a good shaming to get me back on track.
I made sure to bring my healthier lunches and snacks with me on Tuesday. I also made my shamer find a good route for me to walk. Today is day three and I've walked half an hour each time at a brisk pace. I'm enjoying the candy dish for now but my resolution is to quit that bitch come next Monday. My goals in the office are to (at least 4 days a week): drink 64 oz of water, pack my lunch, and walk for half an hour. At home I need to eat smaller dinner portions, stick to one-drink-a-night at least Monday through Thursday and simply move more because incessant snacking only seems to be a work problem.
I have gained five pounds in the three months since my last update and I don't like that at all so I'm jumping back on the health train. Want to join me? 

No comments: