7.02.2014

My Son

Casey has always been unnecessarily cute. I know as a mom I am supposed to think that way about my own child but the feedback from "the people" seems to solidify that it's not just a biased opinion. His eyes are the most beautiful shade of blue. His hair is layers of different shades of blonde and when he had curls I swear it was almost painful to behold. To this day, I still get asked where those curls went. He's also got personality to spare and is just so loving and friendly that he's pretty irresistible. Sometimes, I think he's sweet to a fault because when his friendliness is not reciprocated, you can see it cuts him to the core.
Yesterday, we met up with my friend Laurie for dinner. I first met her children when one was Christa's age, one was Casey's age and the other was my nephew Ethan's age. Now, those children are 14, 17 and 20. That is so very hard for me to comprehend but that's another story for another day. Casey is pretty good at demanding your attention and Laurie was very nice to give it to him despite the fact that she was really there for some baby holding. At the end of our meal, as we were saying our goodbyes, she requested to give him a kiss on the head. He shook his head and instead puckered up for a kiss on the lips. He said he wanted to be her best boyfriend.
I think it's time to start talking to my son about birth control or I'm going to be a grandmother by 50.

No comments: