7.15.2014

Christa Tuesday - 21 Weeks

It's so hard to believe that she will be five months old on Friday. Where does the time go!? This past weekend was her second time in the swimming pool and we made sure to bring a camera this time. She's in her fashionable new tutu bathing suit and stylish Target "Captain America" floppy hat that we got for like $5 on clearance. Nice. I wanted to credit her being an Aquarius as having something to do with her being such a water baby but it turns out that is an "air" element sign so there goes my theory. I hope we all learned something here today. We used reusable/washable diapers in the pool and they worked so much better than the Huggies Little Swimmers we used the last time because they don't swell nearly as much when they absorb the water. That's a good thing to accidentally stumble upon because when my coworker gave us those reusable diapers I kind of laughed out loud because I'm so not the eco-friendly kind of diaper washing mom and was pretty much never going to use them.
On Saturday we took Christa to visit her great-grandma at her assisted living home. Gran is in a place that specializes in memory care so there aren't a lot of invalids, per se, just bunch of confused old folks. Anyway, as we were leaving I sort of passed Christa around the table to about six old folks for some hugging because they really didn't take their eyes off of her the whole time we were visiting Gran on the patio. It was pretty cute for the most part but a couple of the old ladies got a little carried away and didn't look like they were going to give her back to me. One lady said she wanted to adopt a baby and I said that was nice and then she got pretty adamant and told me how serious she was and I kind of had to take my baby back before she pulled any funny business. It's amazing how much happiness a tiny baby and her big brother can bring the people that are there. I was happy to have that moment.
Probably the highlight of the weekend was the giggle fit Christa had on Sunday afternoon. I never know what's going to set her off but it's so sweet when she gets going. Blowing kisses on her big ol' thighs seemed to tickle her as well as me sort of cackling like a witch, which frankly doesn't sound that nice but she seemed to enjoy it. She's such a wee pleasure to be around. She took good naps all weekend and went back to sleeping from around 7:30 to 5ish. I can't tell you how much I love that. She is also eating her wee Gerber baby food off a wee spoon and it's just too much fun. I forgot how much I miss opening my mouth and making dumb faces and noises to teach her what to do. And what a mess! Delicious. 

No comments: