4.15.2014

Christa Tuesday - 8 weeks

"Sissy, are you a lemur?" were the words uttered by Casey when he saw her in this get-up on the way to school. I broke out her 3-month sized clothing this month. My little girl is getting bigger. She'll be 2 months old on Friday. My how time flies!
She's smiling so much more now and has discovered a bit of a talking voice. She refuses the pacifier but loves to suck on her knuckles. She's getting better at the bottle and gets a few ounces of formula before bedtime. She's getting over her first cold so there has been a lot of snot sucking going on in the house. I find that nursing in excess seems to help her clear up so you know my boobs have been in overdrive.
Husband is wrapping things up at his job because I'm making him quit in May so is down south this week. I have friends and my mom helping in the evening but it's amazing how busy you can be with an 8-week old and a 3.5 year old. It's nonstop. He requires a lot of attention and play, she requires a lot of boob and holding. Then we add Betty to the mix and it's just a whirlwind of activity. I don't know how single mothers (or fathers) do it. Kudos to them but I don't want any part of it.

1 comment:

Destiny said...

I know! It sure is busy with two and we have a dog, too. Know that feeling! That quilt is really cool! Does Brad have to stay away during the week for work? Where does he stay? What will he do for a living once that commuting job stops. Whenever T goes away, I know how hard it is getting no breaks. I don't know how single parents do it-you're right!