4.01.2014

Christa Tuesday - 6 Weeks

I can't believe we are at the 6-week mark, five more weeks at home with her until I go back to work. I go to the OBGYN today for the first time since having her so let's hope I get the all clear. Christa is trying to smile these days and is awake a lot more than usual. For the most part at night she sleeps for 3.5 hours, then 2.5 hours then about an hour in a row. I would like those to be longer stretches but c'est la vie.We took our first out of town trip with her last weekend down to LA. She did very well considering she sort of hates the car seat when we put her in there. We sat outside most of the time and she seemed to be in a bit of a coma most of our visit which was lovely.
She no longer has her terrible diaper rash so that's awesome. She's also no longer having the little squirt poops in every diaper. Now, she seems to take pride in taking poops that spill out of her diaper. My goodness. I don't recall that happening with Casey but it's happened at least twice in the last week with Christa. Way to poop, Sis. Her baby acne seems to be clearing up but her cheeks are still pretty red and dry. It makes me very, very sad that her pretty face is covered in blemishes. I stopped using soap and lotion on her and am just giving a warm bath with water on a wee baby facecloth. I'd skip the bath altogether to let her oils get back to normal but there's that whole poop situation I just mentioned. Hopefully her face is all cleared up by the time her Michigan grandparents arrive this weekend.
This little girl really loves to be held and kind of fusses when we put her down but she is loving her little jungle gym pad more and more. She likes to kick the dangling lion and smack the giraffe and the monkey around. We get the most coos out of her when she's doing that. She is consistently rolling from tummy to back so that wasn't a fluke. Now she seems to be working on rolling from back to tummy but has successfully made it from back to side. Little monster.

No comments: