3.06.2014

Thursday Things

  • In two weeks Christa went from 7 lbs 14 oz to 8 lbs 12 oz. She went from 21" to 21.5" long. Her head went from 13-3/4" to 14-1/2" in circumference. I question that last one. Weight is 62%, Length is 87% and head is 72%. She's right where she needs to be.
  • Found out today that New Guy (aka my maternity replacement) was fired. He didn't even last a whole month. Awesome. I guess that's job security for me right? I'm also flattered that I've made it work with my crazy boss for 8 years considering no one seems to be able to tolerate him for very long. Neat.
  • For as long as I can remember, my dad was part of a Dodgers ticket pool where he would pick tickets to distribute at work. A perk of being the owner of our company was that he could pick a game just for my birthday. It's a tradition that has spanned my entire life as far as I'm concerned. Yesterday my other boss, the uncrazy one, asked me if I would like to take over for my dad and make the picks, taking a set of tickets as a "thank you." I guess this means my birthday game tradition can continue but it also made me bawl. I really fucking miss my dad.
  • Speaking of my dad, Casey always called him Papa. Right now my uncles from Germany are visiting and Casey is calling them "The Papas." I'm pretty sure it's because they have goatees but it doesn't really matter the reason because it melts my heart. My uncle's husband, Hubertus, couldn't be more worthy of the title "Papa" and has a very special connection with Casey. It's real sweet and I just couldn't be more thrilled that Casey has a couple stand-ins to maybe fill a little bit of the void my dad left.