3.04.2014

Christa Tuesday - Week 2

Miss Christa is two weeks old today. She doesn't do very much but she poops and pees like a champ and can't seem to get enough of the boobie. We've been out and about almost every day, just small trips here and there to run errands. She sleeps most of the day and seems to do okay at night so far. I'm up about every 2-3 hours to feed and change her. Sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less but I don't feel nearly as exhausted or frustrated as I did the first go 'round of this whole parent-of-a-newborn thing like I did with Casey.
We took her to get weighed last Wednesday and she'd gained back every pound she'd lost since she was born so that was great. We go to the doctor again tomorrow for her 2-week checkup. I can't believe how quickly time is going by. I'm really enjoying maternity leave this time around and have zero desire to go back to work even though I really miss having a grownup job to do that doesn't require feeding or changing someone. Husband has been off work and Casey has been going to daycare which is really best for everyone. Casey gets the attention and stimulation I just can't give him with a baby stuck to my chest every two hours. Husband and I get some quality time together that we've been seriously lacking for the last six years of him living in San Diego. 

1 comment:

Destiny said...

Randi, You're such a good writer. Thanks for sharing your blog and thoughts! I'm happy to hear it's smoother this time around and you and Brad get time together! All the best!