3.19.2014

Christa Tuesday - One Month/Week 4

Christa turned one month old yesterday, exactly four weeks after she was born. This picture was taken in the morning with Casey wearing his Big Bro shirt. We don't call her Christa much in this house, she's mostly just Sis or Sissy. It's funny how much I obsessed about my kids' names when they were inside me and I rarely call either of them what I worked so hard to name them.
We had a doctor's visit this morning and she is right on track with her growth. Last night we tried giving her a bottle, really for the very first time. She refused to take a bottle in the hospital and I just never attempted it again. Now that she's a month old, though, I'm feeling better about leaving her and since I don't have a breast pump, we gave formula a shot. She had about an ounce but was pretty pissed off about it the whole time so we'll just keep trying before bed time until it becomes something she's okay with. I'm only breastfeeding until I go back to work so she may as well try the bottle now.
She's still a big grunter but every now and then she lets out a coo or a "hey" that's really cute. She can roll from tummy to back but seems to enjoy tummy time. She had her first portrait sitting yesterday (pictures here for a limited time) and slept right through them. It was a much easier experience than I had with her brother at one month so that was lovely. She still is on a 2.5 - 3 hour stretch at night as far as sleeping goes but we did get a 5 hour stint and a 4 hour stint recently so I hope that changes.
Here are her stats from today's visit:
  • Went from 8 lbs 12 oz to 9 lbs 13 oz. and is now in the 67th percentile
  • Went from 21.5" to 22.5" and is now in the 91st percentile
  • Head went from 14-1/2" in circumference to 14-3/4" and is in the 61st percentile

No comments: