1.29.2014

37 Down, 3 To Go!

I thought I'd take a picture of the naked belly today since she has dropped. I also feel that at least a side profile view of that protruding belly button is worth seeing because it's so gross. According to babycenter, she weighs 6-1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches. I weighed in at 219 even this morning which I can't even understand but that's okay. I'm not meant to understand all things.
Yesterday I had my checkup with the good doctor and he told me last week's strep test was negative but they had a hard time finding my results because the lab misspelled my last name. How you misspell Friday I will never know. I told him that I definitely feel more pressure down below and that I thought she'd dropped and he confirmed that. I thanked him for making me feel like I'm not crazy as I think I am and he told me I was one of the least crazy people he had to deal with which I took as a fantastic compliment. Since all the people in my life keep telling me they don't think I will make it to my due date and I have been experiencing what I assume are Braxton Hicks contractions, I asked if he should be checking down there to see if anything was going on. He said he didn't agree with them and that if in two weeks I have not gone into labor and feel like I should, then he would do something for me.
I'm in no rush to give birth or to induce or anything like that. I told him that Husband didn't want him to touch me because last time he did I had Casey and we had a good laugh about it. Doc said he would never have done that without my permission and I assured him we were just teasing. Basically, Casey's due date was on the 25th and on the 23rd I went in for a checkup and my cervix wasn't "favorable." Doc "stimulated" my cervix and a few hours later my water broke and within 12 hours Casey was born a day early. Magic hands, eh? I am sure Miss Christa will join us when she is good and ready and if she's a nice girl she'll let mama have at least a week of maternity leave without being all up in it. Rest and baby prep need to happen!

2 comments:

Coodence said...

I thanked him for making me feel like I'm not crazy as I think I am and he told me I was one of the least crazy people he had to deal with which I took as a fantastic compliment.

awesome sentence dude

libelletage.com said...

I sometimes forget how insane it is that kids grew inside of me. That picture reminds me of that.