1.22.2014

36 Down, 4 to Go

Broke out one of my shirts that I had when I was pregnant with Casey this morning. Nothing wrong with struttin' around like a gigantic peacock when you're THIRTYSIXWEEKSPREGNANT. Haha. According to babycenter, she's about 6 pounds and 18.5" (a head of romaine lettuce). She certainly feels big and strong when she tries to kick her way out of me via my rib cage.
I didn't weigh myself today but yesterday afternoon at the OBGYN after a HUGE lunch, fully clothed with Uggs on, I think the scale said 224? Not too bad.Yeah Uggs. I think my days of wearing shoes are behind me. Rockin' the flip flops today. This past weekend the foot swelling started. May have had something to do with the miles of theme park I traversed. I guess I'm stoked to still be wearing my wedding ring at least.
Now my appointments will be once a week until I pop. At yesterday's appointment I got to have a vaginal and rectal culture to check for bacteria called Group B streptococci (GBS). I had a negative result with Casey so the doctor didn't think it was likely I'd have it this time around. I was also informed that I don't have diabetes although that test was taken 8 weeks ago and one of his nurses had already informed me of that. He did say that I'm slightly anemic, which is nothing new, so I started taking iron supplements last night in addition to my daily multivitamin.   
I can honestly say I have never felt more tired in my life, nor more starving. I drink and eat all day long and yawn all the way through it. I feel very big and my active little daughter makes me even more uncomfortable than I need to be. Doc asked me if I was happy with her movements and I said I was happy she was moving, I just wish it didn't hurt so much. My feisty little lady. I can't wait to see the goodies she gets at the shower BFF is throwing me this weekend! Hooray for parties!

2 comments:

Coodence said...

lookin good joseph!

Andrea said...

I guess my invite to the shower was lost in the mail! Harumph!