1.15.2014

35 Down, 5 To Go


(Girl on left, Casey on right- same gestation time)

She's about 18" long and 5-1/4 pounds, about the size of a honeydew melon. I'm clocking in at 219.6 despite the fact that I can't stop eating. Seriously. It's all I want to do. I cannot get full. I tried stocking up on snacks but it's just not enough so I resort to the cookies that keep popping up in our office. How do the Christmas treats keep multiplying? Has that time not passed!?
If I'm not eating, I'm peeing. Incontinence is the worst. I pee and wipe and if I stand up from the toilet or shift when I'm still seated, more pee comes out. Don't bother recommending kegels to me. I don't want to hear it. I can't remember the last time I had a dry pair of underwear on. Yeah. You're welcome. This is the glamorous side of pregnancy no one wants to talk about. At least I don't pee when I sneeze any more. Thank God for small favors.
I'm getting to be super uncomfortable when I sit for too long so 8 hours at a desk at work is just awesome. Sleeping is darn near impossible because I'm up a lot to go to the bathroom or roll over or shift the pillow I have crammed between my knees. I realized this morning I have been telling Casey to leave my belly alone for about thirty weeks now and for thirty weeks he has all but ignored that request. Last night we were cuddling in bed and I told him my tummy hurt so he asked if he could just put his hand on the baby and he did so super gently and I could not have been more pleased.
Husband and I are predicting she will be born on the 18th of February.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey, Randi! Do kegels.

Coodence said...

dude, throw a pad on. gross.

Jessica said...

I pee when I sneeze and I haven't been pregnant for 3 years. So there.