12.18.2013

31 Down 9 To Go

Scale said 218.2 today so that means I still haven't gained any weight. I had a vendor visit me yesterday that commented on how thin my face was looking and a friend of mine said I looked "skinny" considering how far along I was. These are neat things to hear because I was as big as a house when I was pregnant with Casey with a huge, fat moon face. Supposedly I am to gain a pound a week until the end of my pregnancy so that will literally mean I'll weigh only about 5 pounds more than my conception weight. Crazy town.
This week, the baby measures over 16 inches long and weighs about 3 1/3 pounds - a wee coconut. I'm taking comfort in how busy she is in my belly despite how much it hurts sometimes. She really is up at all hours of the night and quite busy during my meals. It's insane how much this belly has been shaking. She's a wee Kung Fu fighter. I requested that we have an ultrasound on the 30th just because I want to make sure there's really a vagina in there. And also I want to make sure her head isn't dented from the amount of times my son and my dog attack her.
Over the weekend I was at the park with Husband and Casey. Another giantly pregnant woman was there with her son so I asked her statistics. She was 36 weeks to my 30, her son 2-1/2 to my 3 year old, she 41 years old while I am 36. She looked exhausted and said she didn't care to know what gender her fetus was as long as it slept. That made me laugh. There should be support groups for older pregnant mothers of active children under the age of 5, I think. It also made me feel good to know that I wasn't the only big ol' whiner and comforted that my son slept like a damn champ for the most part. I hope this baby follows suit.
As a side note, BFF was giving me a hard time about my picture last week because all she could see was my big ass hand in the way and she asked if I had the reverse thing on the phone for picture taking. I decided to give it a whirl today and here's what I ended up with:
Not exactly what I was going for.