12.04.2013

29 Down, 11 to Go

Weighed in this morning at 219 with my shirt and jeans on. Not too bad. I'm a little concerned about the lack of weight gain but I guess there's no sense in stressing about it. Right now, baby is about 2.5 pounds and 15 inches - the size of a butternut squash. My mom gets furious when I tell her the vegetables. I think that's just like a weight estimator and not necessarily a weight and length because she insists she has never seen said vegetable said size.
This week's pregnant activity was a root canal yesterday. I can honestly say I'd rather have been unconscious during the procedure and I would very much like to have heavy drugs at my disposal right now rather than Tylenol which is essentially a joke of a pain killer. It's not a lot of fun to be super hungry all the time yet suffering with each chew. Also not fun? Lying on your back for hours at a time while pregnant. I already have trouble breathing out of my nose, but to be on my back with the fetal pressure and sinuses AND a plastic wrap over my mouth while my tooth was being worked on for hours. Yeah. I'm not thrilled.
Over the weekend I got to hold Christine's new baby on my bump. I had lots of people touch my bump at my dad's service. The bump is a big ol' icebreaker and while I don't think I look so huge, I guess I do. The assistant to the dentist was rubbing my tummy as we talked about my next appointment. The guy in the waiting room saw my bump and saw that as an opportunity to give me his entire life's story including telling me about marrying his high school sweetheart, his kids having type 1 diabetes and both he and his son spending time in jail. Awesome.

3 comments:

Andrea King said...

"The guy in the waiting room saw my bump and saw that as an opportunity to give me his entire life's story including telling me about marrying his high school sweetheart, his kids having type 1 diabetes and both he and his son spending time in jail. Awesome."

I went to the doctor while I was in WV because I took my last Xanax on the way there and needed more for my trip home.

While I sat in the waiting room a lady came in that began talking to me about her daughter being on drugs and that she now has custody of her grandkids and that they've been abused and that she never had jeans until she was 18 and that she was raised by her Grandma until she was 13 and then she went to live with her alcoholic mother and within the first three days she was raped by her mom's boyfriend in the basement but her mom never did believe her.

I may never go sit in a doctor's waiting area again.

Coodence said...

good story, ho.

Christine said...

Dude, ALL I wanted to do when I saw you was rub your belly. You look great, and babies make people happy. xo