10.02.2013

Halfway There

Twenty weeks today. 218.4 pounds. Visible bump. It's all there. There is no playing this off. I bumped into two people I hadn't seen in a while yesterday and both of them didn't hesitate to yell at me that they had no idea I was pregnant. It probably didn't help that the shirt I chose to wear yesterday didn't exactly cover my bump all the way. Maternity chic, I am that.
Last night was the first night that I found my bump determining my sleeping positions. I just could not get comfortable. I think at one point I may have been actually lying face down which is a huge no-no and I'm shocked I even found myself in that position. In real life, I don't think I'm "sleeping" though considering I wake up at least twice now to go to the bathroom and Casey has been waking me up to cough for an hour at a time. Awesome.
The main discomfort I have been experiencing is my sciatic nerve pain. My right butt cheek hurts real bad. It hurts when I sit and I sit all day long because of work. It has me waddling like I'm hugely pregnant when in reality I'm not really so pregnant. Babycenter said I should have gained ten pounds by now but I'm still down from when I found out I was pregnant so the waddle is unjustified. I also think I was on the cusp of heartburn last night which I'm not looking forward to experiencing again.
On a good note: I can feel her move around and that makes me super happy. And I think I actually have a name for her. So there you have it! Here's to 20 more weeks of this!

2 comments:

Coodence said...

heh you look cute dude

liz ly said...

So happy for you! You look great! It'll be so fun to add a little girl to the fam. Take care!