9.25.2013

19 Down, 21 To Go

Today was our second trimester screening and they confirmed that we are absolutely having a girl baby. She's about 9 ounces (size of a large heirloom tomato) and her pulse was at 157. As for me, my blood pressure was un poco high but I think it's because I get so excited to see my little beeper. I also spoil myself with a Peet's caramel latte and a snacky cake beforehand so I'm my own worst enemy. My weight this morning was 217.4 naked at home and 220.4 clothed and with shoes on at the doctor so I'm still holding steady in that department.
I chose the most obnoxious pink shirt I could find in my closet to wear to the ultrasound because "I knew." Husband left for work before I got dressed but he showed up in a blue polo shirt then ordered a blueberry scone so I'm pretty sure that was his wishful thinking that a penis had sprouted during the time I was experiencing "morning" sickness. Sorry, suckas. There is clearly no penis there. She's got all her parts looking ok and the doctors didn't seem concerned. For some reason, we have to go back in five weeks for another growth screening but I don't remember doing this many for Casey. Maybe it's because I'm 36? Who knows.
She did seem sort of bashful and lazy this morning but I can absolutely feel her thumping around in my tummy almost every night when I lay down for bed. Every time we got a good shot of her face she'd turn her back on the ultrasound wand. At one time she was about to suck her thumb but the tech switched the screen so we missed it. Then, at the very end, she lifted her arm and flexed her tiny hands like she was waving at us. Yup. I'm in love. Now comes the hard part: picking a dang name! Ack!

5 comments:

Gen said...

Congrats on the girl! Are you going with a Dodgers themed name again?

And you know my story with the hidden penis ...

Sassy said...

She's perfect!!!!!
Congrats!!

Erin Aylsworth said...

So happy to read everything is coming along in a healthy way for both mama and "cargo," which is really all we should hope for! Hope things continue this way in the last half. I guess it's too early to call it the home stretch?

Hung said...

Great news!

libelletage.com said...

Yay! Congratulations! Girls are fun!