9.04.2013

16 Down, 24 To Go

The fetus is avocado-sized today. I weighed 216.8 pounds this morning and while I don't think I noted it anywhere around here, I started my pregnancy at about 224 pounds. I can see the weight loss in my upper arms and in my face more than anywhere but my belly still looks big and round like it always has when I'm naked. That's a trait that runs on my dad's side for all us lucky wimmins. My co-worker and my husband assure me I look pregnant instead of just fat but they're very nice to me in general so I'm not sure who to trust.
The "morning" sickness has been pretty consistent and keeping mostly to the every other day schedule it has been on. Food in general doesn't really appeal to me and I have found that my diet has me eating like I have the palette of a toddler. I have been sticking to things like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and macaroni and cheese. Fuit, meat and veggies oftentimes don't sit very well with me. It's all very strange. However, I keep on keeping on and just try to eat what I can when I can and hope that the prenatal vitamins pick up some of my slack. If I dare eat a bite too much, though, watch out. Sometimes, I find something I like one day and have it again and it's just terrible. I'm really looking forward to the day that eating doesn't take this much thought.
Because of being sick, I have not experienced the burst of energy that typically accompanies the arrival of the second semester. I get tired pretty easily - probably from lack of eating? I sleep about 10 hours a night and am so thankful Casey is a solid sleeper and allows this. During the weekend, I lie down with him and we take two hour naps together. I'm probably not setting a good precedent getting him used to sleeping with me but whatever. I'm pregnant and selfish and it works for me. I've taken to moving to the guest room in the middle of the night to escape Husband's snores because I find that even the slightest noises can wake me up. I get up at least once in the night to pee and I am sure that will only get worse in the weeks to come.

1 comment:

Coodence said...

i wouldnt worry too much about nutrition. they are wee parasites and will get what they need. pb&j and mac and cheese sounds perfect. round it out with some string cheese and you are good to go!