8.28.2013

Week 15

Afternoon Edit: Today is the day I think I have felt the baby move for the first time. It's that hollow, thumping feeling... kind of like something bubbling? Yup. Felt it today. Thought it was the water I was drinking but now I'm not so sure.

I chose this picture to represent this week's pregnancy entry not because you can see my terrible complexion or the baggage under my eyes, but because that red in my eye is the result of dry heaving. I seem to be on a pretty regular schedule with my "morning" sickness and at least for the last week, I have thrown up every other day. What's odd is that on the days I haven't thrown up, Casey has. I'm beginning to wonder if because we are so close, he is having his own version of sympathy pains. And yes I realize how crazy that sounds but he doesn't seem sick at all. We have a doctor's appointment for him soon so I'll be sure to check on that before you all think I'm a neglectful mother.
Coffee is no longer something I can be a part of, even though I tried cutting my cup in half with milk. It seems the only way I can enjoy my favorite morning beverage is in latte form so I have been spoiling myself most mornings with a venti hazelnut latte from Starbucks with a single shot of espresso. More milk, less caffeine. Seems alright to me aside from the astronomical expense. That and my protein bistro box - also one of the few things I can keep down - is a $10/day breakfast. Money? Yes, I burn it.
Recently I have been sporting longer hair than I'm used to and I have finally reached the point where I am DONE WITH IT. For some reason, I am losing hair quite a bit this pregnancy. I remember retaining all my hair with Casey and it was thick and luscious, only falling out postpartum. Not so much this go 'round. I can no longer stand it touching my face and all I do is pull it behind my ears anyway so this Saturday, it's all going bye bye. I told my mom this morning to give our hairdresser the head's up that I wasn't going to take any lip when I go in there and tell her I want it gone. We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Ang said...

hope you both feel better soon!

Unknown said...

what ang said!