7.10.2013

Week 8



The tough thing about being an overweight person who is pregnant is that you really can't tell if you're showing which I highly doubt I am but whatever. Since I'm 8 weeks today I asked my coworker to take a profile shot but the face I made was so hideous I decided to crop it out. Haha. That's not what we're after here anyway. I definitely have a big belly but I did before I got pregnant, too. The only difference now is that my tummy is so sensitive that I do not want my jeans around my waist so I've been wearing dresses to work lately. My pregnancy dreams are so vivid that I find myself waking myself up to me talking in my sleep. This morning it was something work-related. All night I dreamed I was out shopping with a friend of mine and she was sad she had a big belly because she was a mom and couldn't fit in junior-sized clothing anymore. I am very inspirational in my dreams because I told her she should be proud of her belly and that her son came from there (even though this particular friend IRL adopted her son but whatever) and we all had a good cry. I dreamed that BFF and I rented a condo and a bunch of Indian dudes with turbans on came and crashed our poker game. I mean, I can SEE it all so clearly now. It's very strange. The night before I dreamed I was at Diane Sawyer's house for some reason and I messed up one of her needle point creations and she got pissed at me and wouldn't give me a ride back to Dodger Stadium where my family was. My sister-in-law's cousin happened to be there as well but her friends said I wouldn't fit in their Mustang convertible so I couldn't get a ride. WHATEVER, MAN!
As far as the rest of the time, not much has changed except I'm quite nauseous all day long. When I was pregnant with Casey, I just threw up so this is a little different. If I don't eat something every 30-60 minutes, I find that I feel the most sick. I've been trying to eat lots of fruit and things that are good for me and have been drinking a lot of water to try and feel full but I'm still nauseous. In the morning I try to eat a piece of cheese right away or have a glass of milk to stave off the nausea but I don't know if it's working. I sometimes wonder if vomiting wouldn't be better but I don't want to jinx myself.
And on a final note, since BFF mocked me for calling the fetus "Surprise" because I am the only person she knows that could be surprised that unprotected sex causes pregnancy, we have a new name: Jackpot. This came about when I said to her "Ok well maybe surprise isn't the right word but I certainly wasn't planning on hitting the jackpot after one pull." And there you have it.

Babycenter says:
Your baby is now just over 1/2 inch long, about the size of a kidney bean. New this week: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. His arms have lengthened, too, and his hands are now flexed at the wrist and meet over his heart. His knee joints have formed, and his feet may be long enough to meet in front of his body. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I had a dream the other night that I went to buy shoes and they told me I was a size 11(!) now...up from an 8. I was so upset. I still feel like that dream was so realistic that I keep thinking I have to go to the store to get some size 11 shoes. Good lord.

Coodence said...

Jackpot!

Diggin the dreams, ho! Keep em coming.