7.22.2013

Movie Review Monday

"That was almost the best race movie ever!" exclaimed my 6-year old nephew as we left the movie theater after seeing Turbo. Of course, he thinks Fast & Furious 6 is the BEST so keep that in mind when you are reading this review. Personally, I thought Turbo was pretty run of the mill as far as most cartoon movies go: I didn't hate it or love it. I got more enjoyment watching Casey and his cousin sharing a chair and hugs throughout the movie than I enjoyed the movie itself. However, the children in the theater, and there were quite a few of them, seemed to really love it and were quite vocal about it, cheering and laughing often. This is their movie after all, we're just taking them there. Grown-up movie fans should be pretty impressed with the stellar cast of voices and I can safely say all of us were pretty wowed with the animation. The soundtrack was hip hop and fun, the colors vibrant and lifelike. Naturally the story of an underdog coming out on top was pretty predictable but I really liked the message that was sent throughout to follow your dreams, regardless of how big and unattainable they might seem. Who doesn't need a reminder to live like that every now and then? Ignore the haters and keep on keepin' on.

No comments: