6.26.2013

A Good Day

Despite having just drenched my keyboard in coffee, having my dog waking me up at 5:30 because she was barking at a street sweeper and having my son wake himself up by falling out of the bed, it's a pretty happy hump day. Wendy Davis did a hell of a filibuster to stop a ridiculous abortion bill from passing in Texas. DOMA was ruled unconstitutional. Gays can legally marry in California. What a huge triumph! Are we finally headed out of the dark ages? Will the economy be boosted by a boom of gay weddings? I can't wait to see.

Here are some other things that are making me happy today:
  • Pregnancy symptoms like nausea and sore nipples. You might be thinking those sound like bad things but I take them as good signs.
  • I think the Dodgers won their 4th consecutive game last night! 
  • Husband graduated with his Bachelors in Health Science
  • I am still pretty happy from last weekend's wee getaway
  • I am getting a haircut and a pedi on Saturday
  • Going to Sasha's birthday party 
  • Husband coming home tomorrow after 4 days in SD
  • Potentially seeing Monsters University on Sunday
  • A giant chocolate chip cookie sitting on my desk
  • Sunshine and warm weather instead of June Gloom

2 comments:

Jessica said...

So I missed your big announcement - maybe I've been under a rock? Anyway, congrats and lots of good thoughts coming your way.

libelletage.com said...

Wow, all good things! Yay!