5.28.2013

Two for Tuesday

From Monday:
What are you good at that nobody knows about? Tell us all about it.
Well, jeez, that sounds pretty personal right? I don't think Husband would want me blabbing.

For Today:
Tell us about what you do every morning to help you get ready for the day ahead.
I do my "day ahead" preparations the night before. The morning is pretty routine. Wake up with the boy. Get him some milk and throw on cartoons. Get in the shower and get ready for work and we get out the door in a hurry. Fascinating stuff.

This past weekend was sure nice. Saturday night Husband and I went out for our anniversary dinner. We went to Stella Mare's in Santa Barbara. The waiter gave us complimentary champagne. We shared a big ol' bowl of mussels in a white wine and butter sauce. I had pork with wine and he had beef with beer. Then we got a complimentary dessert where they wrote Happy Anniversary in chocolate sauce on the dish in addition to the desserts we ordered for ourselves. He had an espresso accompanied by salted caramel ice cream provided by McConnell's and I had the lavender creme brulee. All in all, dinner took two and half hours and it was glorious.

Sunday was my "birthday" Dodger game. Dodgers lost. Weather was gorgeous.  Hot dogs were delicious.

Yesterday we took a bike ride to the park nearby for what was about a 4-mile round trip. I am badly out of shape so I was paralyzed for the remainder of the day. I forget that I have an additional 30 pounds behind me because I'm hauling Casey. I got my first sunburn of the year so I guess I'm ready for summer!  

On a side note, a neighbor asked me last minute to watch her dogs over Memorial Day weekend. I went twice a day Friday through Sunday and then once on Monday morning. I brought in her mail and her package. I cleaned up her dog's pop. I returned her key and all I got was a thank you. No offer to pay me. Nothing. Do you think she's a b-word? I do. Never again.
***EDIT*** She has done nothing for us but repeatedly asks for favors from us. She is not a friend and only has my number because she got it off Betty's collar a year ago. I guess at least offer to pay me so I can at least refuse it. That's all. She just seems to be a mess of a person and caught me off guard so I couldn't say no to watching her dogs.   

3 comments:

Andrea said...

My opinion will not be popular, I'm sure...

I do not think your neighbor is a b-word, no. I think that, yes, it would have been nice if she paid you or did something to show appreciation but it's not required and shouldn't be expected.

I've come to the belief that one should do things to be nice and helpful in the spirit of just being nice and helpful because it is the right and nice thing to do. Any thing you may get outside of the internal good feelings you get is extra.

Nice things should be done for the sake of being nice, not for an expected reward.

Took me a long time to get to that belief but now that I am here I'm happier in general.

Ang said...

she didn't pay you? geez....b&%^h is definitely what i would call her.....

libelletage.com said...

Fun weekend!

I kinda agree with Andrea. Unless you agreed to do it for money ahead of time. But I used to feed my friend's dogs regularly when she was dating this guy who lived up by you. Every other weekend she was headed up there. At first I was annoyed and then I thought about all that she did for me. I realized I should be nicer.