5.23.2013

Compliments

Blog Every Day in May is wrapping up here pretty quick but today's topic is: Tell us about the best compliment you have ever received.

At first I wanted to say one of the best compliments I ever received was Husband asking me to be his wife since today is our four-year anniversary. That's pretty nice right? Saying to someone that you want to spend the rest of your life with them? Then I got to thinking a little harder and I realized it was actually something Husband said to me the other night before we went to bed. He said:

You're a great mom.

That one little sentence that he probably didn't give a second thought to really struck a chord with me. Casey is my pride and joy. I'm happy to hear that his dad thinks I'm doing a good job because when I met Husband, I knew he was the one I wanted children with. I knew he'd be a great dad and I knew I wanted to parent with him. Those four little words also made me realize how important it is to compliment our spouse/significant other on the simple, daily things in life. Sure made me feel like a million bucks to hear.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

This is fantastic.