I will take this opportunity to tell you why I chose these girls as my bridesmaids:
- Caroline - we found each other in high school and have stuck together ever since. We've shared our best and roughest times together. I treated her very poorly when I was struggling with depression and she never once gave up on me. We had our babies at the same time.
- Christine - my oldest friend, so much so that I hardly ever consider her a friend since she's more like family. We met at age two and know each other like the backs of our hands.
- Kristi - She flutters in and out of my life but she's been around since Caroline & I first started kicking it. I can always count on her to take care of Rancho Viernes when I need her most.
- Kelly - My other non-Jew when I worked at the Camp Ramah. She basically forced me to be her friend and we moved in together and she made me shine at a pivotal time in my life. She also is the first person that made me feel like I could dance without feeling like a dork.
- Olivia - I've known her since Kindergarten and though we hit a pretty lengthy patch of time where we didn't speak, we reconnected like no time was lost. She's my Hetero Life Partner and fellow movie lover. She has the most contagious laugh you'll ever hear.
- Frances - My sister-in-law first, friend second. I admire her ability to not only love but stay married to my brother. She gave me my beautiful niece and best buddy of a nephew. She's super funny and has the best hair of anyone I know.
- Andrea - We share a kinship in being nerds and photographers. She was right by there when I was deciding Husband was going to be my one and only. When she is not on IM, her presence is greatly missed.