5.06.2013

Bank Holiday Fun

Today I'm supposed to blog about what I like to do on long weekends, or as the UK calls them: Bank Holidays. Mostly I like to do what I did this past weekend which was definitely not long but super busy and full of nice people and fun times. I'd post the pictures but once again, Blogger is being unfriendly so please click here if you would like to partake in them.
On Friday night Hubby had to drive home from San Diego and it took him almost six hours thanks to the detour he needed to take to avoid the Conejo Grade/PCH which happened to be ablaze. When he finally got home, we cracked a couple beers, had chips and dip for dinner and basically vegged out in front of the boob tube. He had sent Casey down the hallway saying "Happy Birthday, Mama!" with my gift in hand but I turned them both away because I thought it would be nicer to open my gifts a little closer to my birthday. That went over like a turd in a punchbowl so I spent the rest of the night kissing Husband's butt trying to make it right.
Saturday morning, I convinced Casey to make his Dada give me my gift and it was a gorgeous pair of silver and diamond earrings with a matching necklace. I felt very spoiled! We spent the morning spending money we don't have at the mall buying things for vacation tomorrow, Betty got her vaccinations so she could be a legally registered puppy and then we headed down to the LBC to celebrate Miss Cindy's birthday. Her hubby threw down the best fish tacos I have ever had and we drank beers and chilled out with the kiddos and some super nice folks in the backyard, around a fire. Is there anything better than that? I simply don't think so. A cool side note: We saw five firetrucks in a row headed down the 101 South which is not something you see ever day. They were headed back to the LBC right along side us. Nice teamwork, SoCal!
Sunday morning was spent cleaning the H.E. double hockey sticks out of my house. I let go of the housekeeper so I got down to the nitty gritty and cleaned every nook and cranny that has been mostly untouched for a month. At noon my mom showed up with all kinds of Cinco de Mayo decorations for my wee family birthday celebration so we got everything ready around the house. I took a quick nap and then the whole fan-damily came over to our house for dinner catered by Yolanda's, my favorite Mexican restaurant in Oxnard. I got super spoiled once again and by the end of the night I couldn't have been more pooped. What a super fun weekend!

1 comment:

Lisa..... said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Hope your trio and your birthday was great!