2.20.2013

New Year, No Excuses - End of Week 7

According to this here photograph, I am down 1.6 pounds since last week. I'm not entirely convinced that is true, but I'll take it. As I mentioned last Wednesday, I had decided to give up beer and candy for Lent - so basically until the end of March. The candy part has gone very well but the beer, not so much. I didn't drink beer Wednesday through Friday of last week, but I did have wine those nights (except for Wednesday but especially on Valentine's Day). Baby steps I guess. A cold one - or two - after work is a hard habit to break.
On Saturday morning I cleaned the house and did laundry for almost 3 hours straight so I earned a nice cold beer. Then Christine and I went for mani/pedis and a nice girls-only sushi lunch and I had a couple more. And then, basically, just kept drinking because why not at that point. Sunday I was a little better, but not much. Monday we went on a super awesome hike for a couple hours and I had two beers at dinner. Normally, I would be drinking from noon on if I wasn't at work so I feel like though I totally failed the Lenten challenge, I did better than I would normally for a holiday weekend.
Other than the hike and cleaning, exercise has been pretty sparse. I stumbled pretty hard on my hike so my left leg is super sore right now. The treadmill is gathering dust. Oh, well. I'll try harder later I guess. My co-worker is on vacation so there is no temptation to go out to lunch and I've brought my salads and granola and nuts and healthy snacks for this week.
I did sign on for another challenge that begins the day after this one ends and I hope to do better. My new goal is to lose 10 pounds by my birthday/Michigan which is about 12 weeks away. Originally I had said 20 but I'm trying to be realistic. I'm just so fucking tired of being this heavy. I want to be a size 12, not a size 16. Is that so much to ask? Love, Randi

1 comment:

Coodence said...

you can do it, dude! its gonna take some diligence and very little ice cream! but it can be done!