I have some candy bars lying around that I need to get out of my life so I plan on giving those away shortly. Today is Ash Wednesday so even though I'm a lapsed Catholic, I still try to play along each year. This year, BFF and I talked about giving up beer and candy with the Sunday stipulation in play (basically Sunday is a cheat day that Catholics seem to approve of). Christine will be here this weekend so I hope I can stay strong until her dad's birthday party on Sunday. And I hope to not become a wino while kicking the beer habit but I won't make any promises. For those of you wondering, Lent is from today until March 31st, Easter.
I think these weekly updates have gotten to be a bit negative so here's some positive stuff just to let you know I'm not a body hater:
- I like that I'm strong enough to carry my son and wrestle and toss him with ease.
- I like the feeling I get when I push the stroller while leading Betty on the leash. She's really strong so she pulls and I feel like a warrior handling both things at once.
- I like that my handsy Husband still finds me sexy even though I am significantly heavier than when we met.
- I posted a picture of myself when I was young and skinny at Homecoming on Instagram and think I'm sexier now that I have boobies. I was flat as a board senior year apparently.
- I'm proud of my body for carrying Casey to term and for recovering quickly from my miscarriage.