1.09.2013

New Year, No Excuses - End of Week 1


Well, you guys, I guess I did it. In a week I "lost" 1.5 pounds. I'm not entirely confident that is true, hence the reason "lost" is in quotes. I weighed in last Wednesday afternoon and this time it's the morning. But I guess I'll take it since Monday morning, the very same scale said 224.5. This is my period week and I'm on the tail end of her right now so I trust nothing any scale says.
I didn't really behave myself other than I may have cut back a bit on the beer. I only walked the dog and the boy to the park about three times so that's not very good as far as exercise is concerned. I guess this should be the time I grab the bull by the balls and really get serious so it's only natural that today I forgot my oatmeal and last night Vons didn't have any of my salads that I like so I'll be going out to lunch for the third time this week. The Randi Diet Plan is to have no plan at all I guess. So going forward:
  • Drink more water at work
  • Move more - maybe next week I'll start going to my house and doing the treadmill for a half an hour on my lunch break. I used to do this to go to Curves and it's no further a drive than before. 
  • Get oatmeal from McDonald's this morning for breakfast and then tomorrow it's back to Quaker
  • Choose something sensible for lunch while eating out and don't get soda but ultimately I need to bring my salads to work especially if I'm going to have time to do that treadmill thing.
  • Always try to leave a little bit on the dish.
  • Limit to a beer a night during the week or shoot for no beer (good luck LOL)
  • And for God's sake keep my em-effing hands out of the candy/cookies/ice cream etc.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Randi, you are doing awesome! Please, please don't negate the changes you made last week. Take responsibility for them and celebrate them! You walked 3x last week - was that more than the week before? More than at Xmas? YOU ARE DOING GREAT! Also, I am sure I don't need to remind you, but about 2 lbs a week weight loss is standard (and sustainable), so KEEP IT UP! You are doing just fine! xo

Gen said...

Like Christine said, what you have done is HUGE! Walking three times a week is doing something. They say 3-5 times so you're doing fine. And 1-2 lbs a week is healthy so 1.5 is great!

Don't look at what you did NOT do but focus on what you HAVE done and will continue to do.

Grab the bull by the balls and don't let go!!!

Coodence said...

Good job, Ho!

libelletage.com said...

Yay! weight loss is weight loss!