1.02.2013

Happy New Year!

'Tis the season for resolutions, eh? I took a moment last night before I went to bed to jot a few things down that I would like to achieve this year. Mostly, I am not trying to be unrealistic in the things I would like to achieve. Here goes:
  • Eat and drink less
  • Move more
  • Get pregnant
  • Less Facebook and more reading books 
  • Learn to like and be happy at the job I have had for the past 7 years or really truly start getting serious about finding a new one.
Ultimately, I would like 2013 to be my very last year as a great big fat person. I'd like to get healthy as to never be a burden on my family or our finances. I'd like to be in a position where I am teaching my son better habits when it comes to food and activity. Casey is more perceptive now than he has ever been so it's a good time to get serious. Plus, we're really working on making him a big brother. Gotta get ready for that physically as well.
I started reading a new book yesterday. Journal-ed a bit  before bedtime to reflect on the nice New Year's Eve we spent with my brother and his family. It's always so flattering when someone chooses to ring in the new year with you, right? Or to choose you to spend an important evening with. It felt really nice. I had only two beers all day yesterday instead of the four to six I would normally have. Took my vitamins before bedtime. It's all about the baby steps.
Mostly, however, I would just like to be in a positive frame of mind this year. I think that means having more patience, cussing less, being more optimistic, making realistic goals and broadening my horizons mentally and physically. I want to learn more and see more so I can be more. This sure has been a cheesetastic post but I'm leaving it. It's meant to be this way.

MORAL OF THAT STORY: Today is day 2 of a 365 page book. I'm going to make it a good one.

1 comment:

libelletage.com said...

God luck! That is a good plan for the new year. I'm back on my gluten free kick. I worked out all during my vacation, although I wish I could permanently be on vacation.