12.04.2012

Day One

Yesterday I went through my old calendar, transferring dates from 2012 to 2013. That's probably one of my favorite things to do at the end of the year aside from updating my address book. Lame! I didn't realize it, but I have a doctor's appointment with my primary care physician on January 4th. Nothing like a looming appointment to make you really take a look at yourself. I'll share in snippets.
  • My size 16s are very tight.
  • I do not know my exact weight but I believe it to be somewhere in the 220 zone
  • Since Curves shut down, my exercise program has become all but non-existent.
  • I fell back into the candy drawer at work
  • I stopped bringing my lunch which equals too much eating out
  • I bought a treadmill that I have yet to use
All of these things have pretty stupid and altogether avoidable consequences. Mostly: THE FAT

So today I brought my salad and banana and baby carrots to work. Instead of the candy drawer I'm back on the dark chocolate Kashi granola bars. No more sodas at lunches out, just water. I am proud to say that last night even though I got home from the market after dark, we still took Betty for a walk around the hood. It's not much but it's something.

See... my doctor wants to put me on cholesterol medicine but I wouldn't let him because I said I was trying to get knocked up. The knocking up has not happened and I assume neither has a drop in my cholesterol. The last thing I want to do is to get a stern talking to by a health care professional.

So my goal is to take it a day at a time. Really try to be as good as I can be - day by day - because "the holidays" really isn't an excuse to not try at all, am I right?

4 comments:

Christine said...

A#1: YOU CAN DO IT! I believe fully and wholeheartedly that you can!
B#2: Please give yourself credit where credit is due: you walked last night! AWESOME JOB! Seriously, take the negative out, please :)
C#3: I know that sometimes alcohol can affect cholesterol levels (seems like a random thing to affect levels, but it can). Not sure if that could be affecting your levels?
D#4: YOU CAN DO IT! YOU CAN DO IT! RAH, RAH RANDI! (I'm wearing floral pants and I have pom-poms - can you picture it?)
E#5: If your doctor suggests medicine, it's not a failure on your part. It may just be something you need to stay healthy :)

LOVE YOU!

Andrea said...

I just found out that a Krispy Kreme has opened near my house. I'm going there after work so I can watch Batman and eat donuts.

My plan to lose weight is off to a grand start.

YOU are doing much better and you will do much better and way to go and yay and rah!

Gen said...

The fact that you recognize the issue and are giving it another try is great! You walked last night, when you could have chosen to plop in front of the tube. Small steps, lady, small steps!

Oh, and no the holidays are not an excuse but they sure are tasty ;)

libelletage.com said...

Walking your dog is a great plan.

Also, when a health issue is overwhelming (like how to manage high blood pressure and high cholesterol, I tell my patients think of three things you can do now. Just 3.
Like walk the dog 5 days a week. Eat oatmeal for breakfast. Just 3. Do them for 21 days (how long it takes to create a habit). Once you have those down. Add one more. Only drink beer on weekends. Eat a piece of fruit every day at lunch. Etc. It's the tortoise the wins the race.
You can do it!