8.29.2012

Weigh-In Wednesday

I know I said I wouldn't do it but I did. I stepped on the scale. Looks like I'm about the same as I was when this month started. That's not too shabby considering I have made it my mission to drink all the beer I could get my hands on this weekend. Curves started off well in August but I kind of haven't gone since the 16th. I tweaked my shoulder and then my co-worker's mom has been really sick (she passed away this morning) so I have been without my lunch time motivation of a workout buddy. I wouldn't say my eating habits have been the best but I try to balance the bad with the good so it's not as awful as it could be. I have still been walking the pooch every day and riding bikes with the hubby on the weekend. I have been busier than a one-armed paper hanger thanks to the boy's birthday prep so I think it all is going to be a wash this month and we'll give September a better go at it.
I'm going to try something new and go off of my Nuva-Ring and off the Zoloft. I think I am on the latter because of the former and I really think I need to just be drug free for a bit. I've been on an anti-depressant for years now and just put together the fact that I got on them shortly after I made the switch to the ring. My sister-in-law tried the ring for the first time and told me it made her feel like a crazy person so I got to thinking about stuff. I also think my regular usage of antidepressants have made them lose some of their efficacy. I noticed the same thing with my Zyrtec. When I was pregnant with Casey, I wasn't on anything and I feel like I was pretty even-keeled. It's worth a shot.
In order to do this, I know I will have to be very good about eating right and exercising regularly. I will have to be very aware of my emotions and any shifts in them. I also have to be prepared for the possibility I may get pregnant again. I have been hesitant to entertain the idea but it's something Husband and I have decided to give one more go at. If it doesn't work this time, it's done. I tell you, my kid turns 2 and shit gets real.

1 comment:

Coodence said...

Interesante, ho. Muy interesante.