8.13.2012

Movie Review Monday

As much as I would have liked to see The Campaign this weekend, it just wasn't in the cards. We had to clean the house, do some serious yard work and then celebrate my sister-in-law's birthday. I was getting pretty tired of watching the Olympics since all I seemed to catch was diving and running so I threw in The A-Team which has been sitting near the TV for a good two weeks. I went into it knowing it was going to be terrible so I ended up sort of pleasantly surprised. It was entertaining but definitely not plausible. The team itself was very likeable. Unfortunately, people seem to be under the impression that Jessica Biel can act. It's really too bad because she just can't. She is a lovely person to look at and has a wonderful figure but that's about it. Jessica, if you're reading this, stick to being Timberlake's arm candy or maybe modeling and just throw in the towel with this acting stuff. But as far as the actual movie goes? Lots of action, a good amount of laughs. I liked it. It beat watching another person jump into water. Christ on a cracker.

We also watched a Mitch Hedberg Comedy Central Special DVD that was unedited. You can catch the edited version here. I'd actually probably just do that. I don't know. I mean, I think he's funny but maybe not 40 minutes long funny. He died of a heroin overdose. At one point his joke was "I'm a heroin addict. I can only have sex with women that have saved another person's life." I don't know if that's funny now that he's dead. Because of heroin. Yeah...

1 comment:

Coodence said...

I liked A-team, too.

I don't get the heroin joke. Maybe I need more coffee.